Thursday, April 30, 2009

Simple Things.

I've been blessed to have been able to be home with my kids and not having to work outside of the home. I may have other children in my home to babysit from time to time, but I'd much rather do that than have to take my kids to someone else all day long while I worked somewhere else. The most important job I could have is to raise my children. At times, it is the most difficult and challenging task, and at other times, it is the most amazing and rewarding job one could ever ask for. Its awesome to see your child grow and learn on a daily basis. I have to cherish every moment because before I know it, the kids will be grown up and living their own lives. Time flies. Whether Hannah is purposely wetting her pants in a rebellion to potty training or making me laugh at her hilarious remarks to things, I remember that there is nothing better in life than the blessing of life itself. And whether Madison is waking up every two hours in the middle of the night and causing me to lose sleep, or when she is playing and laughing with her toys on the floor, she too, is a precious gift from above.

Hannah, enjoying some cookies and milk. Mmm.
Madison, (sorry a bit blurry), excited over peek-a-boo.


I've been trying to remember that its the simple things in life that matter the most. Last night, we were able to enjoy each other as a family on a short little trip to Baskin Robins for .31 scoop night in honor of America's firefighters. (They actually allow up to 3 scoops for that price). Anyway, Hannah had an absolute blast and got her first taste of bubble gum ice cream. She originally wanted orange sherbert in a cup, but once she realized her cousin, Lorissa, had pink bubble gum ice cream in a cone, she wanted that! And at .31 for the scoop, daddy wasn't going to say no to that! ha ha

Madi also got her first real experience with ice cream. She loved it so much, she was grabbing my arm to pull my cone down to her and chowing down on chocolate chip cookie dough! Then, when I would take it away, she would get upset because she "needed" more. We tried to to get some video of it, but weren't able to. Cell phones are a great way to capture those unexpected moments when you just don't have a camera or a camcorder, but its helpful when you remember the memory card that goes IN the phone...So we got a couple of pictures, instead that I will have to post later on.

I look forward to every day with my children because it won't be long until they're off to school and growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment