Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby Ryan Update.

Well, I'm almost 34 weeks. My last visit to the OB concluded that they are concerned about baby Ryan's "small" size. (Though, for me, I seem to be right on track)...The doctor has me going in twice a week now, to undergo nonstress tests to monitor the baby's development and movement. So far, things seem to be going well and she says he looks great. I'm still not sure as to why she is concerned about his size, though! She said he is approximately 4 pounds, and that she would like to see him 5-6 pounds by now. But with the due date they gave me of November 16th and the websites I get weekly updates from (like babycenter.com), 4 pounds is what he should be....It confuses me a little bit, and I am not all that worried about how big or small he will be at birth. But I guess we just follow the orders of the doctors for now...it doesn't hurt to know the baby is doing great twice a week! haha The only irritating part of that is having to GO to the doctor, the driving, the gas, having to drag the kids and hope they don't scream or bother anybody while I have to lay still....etc.

On a short note, I was also informed that IF the baby begins to show any signs of distress or that he's not growing well, they would want to take the him early because he'd be better off getting the nutrients he needs easier outside of the womb. I doubt it will come to that, but do keep in mind that it is a small possibility. Pray that we can finish this pregnancy with a full-term, normal delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment