I was getting a little discouraged at how Madison has not been sleeping well the last several nights. I think now, I know why! Last night when she was fussing and didn't want to go to bed (when normally, she goes right down without a peep), I decided, "Hey, maybe she has a tooth trying to come through." I felt around in her mouth and sure enough! A tiny spec of tooth on the bottom. She's been "teething" for several months, now, and I was beginningn to wonder if she even had teeth in her gums! Won't be long now until she's chomping away at big girl foods and everything! Already today, she managed to snag a piece of Hannah's taquito and went to town on it. Both my girls have basically managed to bypass the baby food step. Hannah wouldn't touch it for anything. Madi dabbles, but would rather eat what we eat.....cannot say I blame them!
Madison also had her 6 month checkup today. She's in the 50% for weight at 16 pounds, the 40% for height at 25 3/4 inches, and in the 75% in her head growth. Last time her head was about 95%, so she's growing into it. ha ha
Hannah doesn't need to go to the doctor again until she is 4...and though, she is fond of "doctors" all of a sudden, I'm sure she is happier without the shots! She used to be terrified of the doctor, or any place that LOOKED like a doctor's office (didn't even like people wearinng srubs) after her tramatic experiences in the ER with her stitches and high fevers and ear infections. Since her latest ear infection where I had to take her to ER in the middle of the night, she decided it was not so bad. At that visit, they attempted to take her temperature (anally) and when they were done, she turned around and said "Your turn, mommy." ....NO thanks!... They preceded with her exam and at the end of it, gave her a very cute TY plush teddy. Now, she likes to pretend we go to the doctors to "get checked" and I even caught her trying to take Madi's temperature with our thermometer.....anally, which completely threw me for a loop! She doesn't miss a beat! But I am glad to know she's not so terrified.





You were right! Owen had passed Madi when he was 2 months. At his 2 month appointment he was 17.2 pounds. He turned 4 months yesterday, and I would guess he's close to 20 pounds. I dont have an appointment set up yet for him to go to his 4 month check up
ReplyDeleteI think Owen is trying to get teeth too. Well if not the "drool" monster is here. He loves to chew on his fist, lol. As you can see in pictures
ReplyDelete